March 5, 2011

MIDTERMS

AAAAAAH MIDTERMS.
It's Friday night and I'm sitting at home knitting (I am learning to knit! YAY) and drinking tea and panicking.
hehehe


Anyways, here is another outfit from my Unfashion class.
As you may or may not know, I am going to LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA during Spring Break with my roomies! I CAN NOT WAIT. I am staying in Hollywood and we are also going to Disneyland. While I was internet creepin on Disneyland things (OBSESSION), I came across some rad illustrations of an imaginary post-apocalyptic Disneyland.
So for my outfit, I was inspired to create something that, if it was the apocalypse and someone was in Disneyland, and they just ran around grabbing things and throwing them on, they might wear.
Dang, I can't find the original images but I have them in m sketchbook I believveeeee so I will post a picture of that later.

lols at my grumpy face



My teacher's reaction to this outfit was "Nikki you are so wild" ahaha. My left side was completely bare except for a bandeau bra I borrowed from my roomie. I sewed strips of fabric together, added grommety eyelet hole things that I had to put on with pliers, and laced it around myself with a leather string. Then I burned all of the edges with a lighter. I almost lit myself on fire a few times, and breathed in a bunch of poly fumes. I would like to take a moment to apologize to the 4th floor of my building! ....the things I do for fashion. ;]

OKAY I have to go. As for my below post: PLEASE REPOST IT//LINK IT.

Also listen to this, it will help you get through your midterms or whatever you got goin' on this week.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

C-C-C-Comment! :]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails