January 3, 2010

My Favorite Word

First post of 2010 !
Since one of my New Year's Resolutions is to have more whimsy in my life, I figured I would do a post on my favorite word. :]



WHIMSY



1.
capricious humor or disposition; extravagant, fanciful, or excessively playful expression: a play with lots of whimsy.
2.
an odd or fanciful notion.
3.
anything odd or fanciful; a product of playful or capricious fancy: a whimsy from an otherwise thoughtful writer.


It evokes mad hatter tea parties and shooting stars. Candy colored rocket ship pilots to mars, carrying girls in dresses taking trips to the moon. I think of light fixtures made out of forks and spoons.  I imagine children rapping while standing on their heads. Polka dot shoes in yellows and reds. Everyone having love to share, spontaneous trips to anywhere! :D


What's delighting you this year!?
xx, Nikkidee! :]



No comments:

Post a Comment

C-C-C-Comment! :]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails