June 12, 2010

Beautiful and Bionic

Hey everyone, I have a bunch of posts that are lined up and almost ready to go, so check back soon. For now, though, I am on a total Christina Aguilera Kick. I have her new CD, Bionic.
 Something I like about Christina is that each of her albums has a different sound, but they are all undeniably Christina. This album has a really different sound from Back to Basics or Stripped (my favorite Christina Aguilera album).  I saw an interview with Christina on FUSE where she explains that if Back to Basics was a look back in music, to jazz and the like; Bionic is a look into the future. She also says, in an interview with Ryan Seacrest, “It’s really a fun, fun record. Really futuristic. I was inspired by a lot of electronic music, electronic artists, and so you’ll hear all those elements.”  Most of the album is electro- dance type music, but my favorite song is "You Lost Me". It is incredibly beautiful and really showcases the different things that Christina can do with her voice. I reccommend listening to live versions as well-amazing!



I have heard many people argue that she is trying to copy Lady Gaga in her new video for "Not Myself Tonight". However, I disagree. I think that if you go back and watch old Christina videos, she has always been both sexual and artistic, always trying new and different things in her videos. I suggest watching the videos for "Dirrty" and "Fighter". She explained in an interview on People.com "I feel sexuality to be very empowering. I think men love to believe that they own our sexuality, so if a woman represents herself in a sexual way, people think, 'Oh it must be for a man.' But men don't have the right to own our sexuality. If I want to be sexual, it's for my own appreciation and enjoyment! That's why I like to talk about the fact that sometimes I am attracted to women. I appreciate their femininity and beauty."



Anyway, I really wanted to post this video: the song that became the anthem for freaks, for young girls, for the gay community, and for people around the world... everyone needs a reminder that we are all FREE from the judgment of others.                
My beautiful readers, remember:

You are beautiful. :]
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

C-C-C-Comment! :]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails